Chinese Defence
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: The real Type 055 Aegis DDG

Liked
    3297 times
    China

Thumbs up The real Type 055 Aegis DDG

This conceptual pic will refer to the real Type 055 that appears in the near future.

China will only mass produce these warships as the Type 052D is just an experimental model for the Type 055.

Liked
    3792 times
    Bangladesh
    I guess the Type 055 Destroyer (DDGHM) or Cruiser (CGHM) will compare very favourably with the Arleigh Burke (Flight I/IIA?) destroyers and the Ticonderoga cruisers (the most probably rival, not necessarily adversary).

If the 128 cell VLS can at least be quadpacked, that will essentially mean more than four times the firepower of a Ticonderoga, or an Arleigh Burke (assuming none of the latter use the same)!

Liked
    23547 times
    China
    Not sure how 055 DDG going to look like, some say something like this 解放军未来055级驱逐舰

I am a lover not a fighter

Liked
    3029 times
    England
    I think for the next destroyer, we need a Sejong the Great Class/Zumwalt morph if we want to build a class of ships to compete with any navy.

Ideally, we'd have a minimum of 128 cell VLS, but if there's enough space, a 160 cell VLS (48, 32 aft, 48, 32 stern) would naturally be better. Fitting this many missiles (especially when combined with Quad-Packing) creates a huge performance capability and allows for more numerous and intensive firings of whatever missile is suitable for a mission (Land Attack, Anti-Ship, Air-defence etc.) There should also be enough room for two medium sized helicopters to land and take off at the stern to allow for sonar buoying of specific areas to protect the Type 055 from the biggest danger, submarines. CIWS would take the form of 1 Type 1030 and 2 of the extended FL-3000N seen fitted on the PLAN test ships. Finally, I'd fit on a 155mm gun for point defence against other ships and possible land attack if at a sufficient range.

It's kind of a dream ship, but since China has quite a reasonable scope to spend money on a technologically advanced ship, why not? At this stage, China would likely be focusing on quality of crew as well, and thus combining a professional crew with an incredibly advanced ship could work wonders for the PLAN.

Liked
    3297 times
    China
    I guess the Type 055 Destroyer (DDGHM) or Cruiser (CGHM) will compare very favourably with the Arleigh Burke (Flight I/IIA?) destroyers and the Ticonderoga cruisers (the most probably rival, not necessarily adversary).

If the 128 cell VLS can at least be quadpacked, that will essentially mean more than four times the firepower of a Ticonderoga, or an Arleigh Burke (assuming none of the latter use the same)!
    Original Post By Banglar Lathial
    It will be comparable to the Arleigh Burke Flight III.

According to POP3, the Type 055 DDG will displace around 12000 tons and be powered by four improved version of the QC-280 gas turbines.

Liked
    3297 times
    China
    Not sure how 055 DDG going to look like, some say something like this 解放军未来055级驱逐舰

Original Post By grey boy 2
    I also hope that the Type 055 could look like that, but unfortunately according to POP3, the Type 055 is a large improved version of Type 052D and only being comparable to the ABIII.

Liked
    1552 times
    Bangladesh
    When will this be available for export to friends / allies?

Liked
    11366 times
    Canada

Original Post By Banglar Lathial
    I seriously doubt it. Missiles are not cheap and you don't want to needlessly tie up your budget in maintaining them unless you're foreseeing to be involved in numerous wars in the next 60 years.

When will this be available for export to friends / allies?
    Original Post By rocky.cdf
    AFAIK, it's only a concept and likely have not reached the "drawing board" stage. I doubt you'd see any ships like these until the PLA-N are finished with defining (or refining) what their doctrine will be.
    grey boy 2, Martin, PITA and 1 others like this.

Liked
    3297 times
    China
    I seriously doubt it. Missiles are not cheap and you don't want to needlessly tie up your budget in maintaining them unless you're foreseeing to be involved in numerous wars in the next 60 years.
    Original Post By canadian icehole
    China can sell HQ-9 half the price of PAC-3, so it is cheaper for China to produce.
    grey boy 2, Martin, PITA and 1 others like this.

Liked
    3297 times
    China
    AFAIK, it's only a concept and likely have not reached the "drawing board" stage. I doubt you'd see any ships like these until the PLA-N are finished with defining (or refining) what their doctrine will be.
    Original Post By canadian icehole
    This type of illustration is semi-official and the final concept for the ship, just like before the appearance of the Type 052D, the same type of illustration was also released.

Last edited by ChineseTiger1986; 05-22-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information